Monday, June 20, 2011

"Daddy said I can..." Phil. 4:13

Well school let out and I was thrown into the hecticness of summer and having to deal with some unexpected happenings that have kept me feeling very "go go go" and not a moment to waste.
School let out on friday the 10th and I was thrilled. I made it through my sophmore year!!!! And only two more to go!!!! I spent that friday afternoon with beautiful Nicole Brittingham and it was a blast. I sure do love that girl.
Saturday from noon til 11:30pm I was at Relay for Life for Key Club. It was an awesome time hanging with friends and all for a great cause. Helping at Relay for Life really ment a lot to me cause I watched a dear friend of mine, little Faith Marr, battle cancer at age four and after years of surgerys and praying she is now cancer free!

Now of course just as things seem to hectic enough with my brother Luke having baseball games/practices almost every night a week and me having physical therapy three times a week in clackamas our fridge decides to quit...Lovely. So we had to haul all of the food from the fridge/freezer up to Gramps's house (He has three fridge/freezers in his basement) until we got a new one. Which ment everytime we wanted say ceral, we had to walk to Gramps's get the milk, walk back home, use it, walk back to Gramps's, put it away then walk back home. Not a huge deal just a pain. Really makes you think about how something like a fridge we take for granted everyday when there are people all over the world that live without.
We ordered a new fridge monday and it got here friday morning, seemed like forever but we made it work.

This week is extra crazy. I am trying to get everything all ready for when mom leaves on her missions trip friday morning. My mom will be gone for ten days and if you know my family you would know ten days without mom is a big deal.  Mom has been super busy with work so she can take time off for her trip so I have been doing almost all of the laundry, cooking and cleaning. Im kinda looking at it as practice for when she is gone when I will truely be doing ALL of it.
Im trying to get the house as clean as possible before she leaves so it will be easier to keep up once she is gone. This has proven to be a hard task since it seems like all my youngest brother Tom does is follow behind me as I clean and mess everything up agian. Love that boy to death but sometimes he makes me insane! Although maybe I am a bit of a clean freak...

Dad and Luke after Luke's team took first in their tournament this weekend .
Happy Fathers Day Dad!

Andrew Lo's suprise going away party.
We will miss you Andrew!


So as friday near's I can feel my stress level rising. Things will be so busy and hectic without mom but I know we can do it. We will drop mom off at the church at 8am friday morning and then head home to finish packing for our two day trip to tillamook so I can represent clackamas county in their June Day parade as clackamas countys jersey princess. We will drive to tilly country friday night and stay in a hotel so we can be at the parade on time in the morning. I'll make sure to post some pictures.
Although im feeling stressed I just keep reminding myself that I can do all things through Christ (Phil 4:13). Through HIM I will be able to get through these next couple weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Great faith statement! yes YOU CAN!! I am so proud of you!! Love you girly. If you need rescued from the boys let me know. ;)

    ReplyDelete