Monday, May 30, 2011

A little pony tail girl,Grown up to be a women...

I got to thinking last night when I was at a graduation party that I am currently two weeks away from ending my sophmore year and at the end of the summer I will be a junior. Which means in just two years I will be graduating!!! It feels like just yesterday I was at my 5th grade graduation feeling so grown up and thinking I cant wait til I turn 16, and now in the blink of an eye my sweet 16 is a little over a month away. As I had this realization I got a little bit panicy...Those years seemed to have gone by so fast! I remember when a bad day at school was someone breaking my favorite crayon. Now im surrounded my high school drama. I also remember those special times when mommy would play beauty parlor with me and she would do my make up. Now I rarely leave the house without putting on make up.
As I thought of all of this I couldnt help but think of Suds in the Bucket by Sara Evens and the lyric "A little pony tail girl grown up to be a women and now she is gone in the blink of an eye..." It hit me that in no time at all I have gone from this little pony tail girl...
To now a teenager...
I have changed so much over the years and its shocking to me how fast the time has flown by. Im doing my best to get really involved in school activities and taking a bunch of pictures and making lots of memories so when these next two years fly by it wont be so much of a shock. Cause I know my God is always there for me and through Him I can take on anything.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful young woman you have become! I love watching you grow ! And that's right girly HE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU!!!

    Cant wait for more posts!!

    ReplyDelete